- Yay! It’s Spanish day! This is my favorite day. Anna, age 4, Verona, WI.
I just wanted to touch base and tell you how much my daughter is loving Spanish class with you and how much she is learning! We are so thankful for this opportunity. I’ll have to come check out the tail end of class one of these Fridays. Additionally, these emails and your parent communication is outstanding and we really appreciate that! Thank you so much. –Evie F., parent of 4-year old student, Verona.
From a parent whose child just started Two-Way Immersion Kindergarten: On the first day, the kids went in for an hour to unpack school supplies. The supplies were to be unpacked in various baskets around the room and the baskets were labeled in both English and Spanish. Without anyone saying anything, he just started unpacking his backpack and speaking in Spanish: “Oh! Crayones! Uno, dos, tres…Carpetas! Uno, dos, tres…” Wow! I thought he would be shy going into the classroom hearing many of the students speaking fluently in Spanish, but the confidence he had going into the classroom was amazing! I’m so glad we made the investment in your camps over the summer – Aaron just loved them and they clearly prepared him for a successful start to the school year. Thank you! –Lyndsay, parent of 5-year old student, Verona.
Our daughter absolutely loves Spanish with you, and we use it at least 10 times a day. I can’t believe how much she picks up, and I can’t tell you enough how awesome I think you are. You handle every situation that comes your way, no matter how challenging, with ease (at least it appears that way ;). ) thanks so much for making learning so fun for her. I really appreciate it! Katy N., Oregon, WI
- Since starting Marti’s Spanish lessons 2 years ago, she is more aware of Spanish being spoken in the community and is drawn to it. At a park, she will gravitate toward a Spanish conversation and gets excited when she can decipher words that a family is speaking. The classes are engaging and involve plenty of physical activity to keep the kids involved. We became so inspired that I applied for a grant for Spanish to be taught at her elementary school and it was accepted for this fall. We are glad to know that she will have head start in that subject thanks to the exposure she received during her preschool years. Carrie B., Madison
- My 4 year old loves to repeat the songs and uses her new vocabulary words throughout her day, without any prompting from me! My seventh grade son’s friends were working on Spanish homework and started quizzing her, thinking they could stump her, but she kept up, naming every color and body part they quizzed her on.
Ellen B., Oregon, WI
- Spanish is a fun experience with Señora Mart i! If only I had learned about it earlier! Each class is a perfect balance of listening, speaking, participating, and movement. All the kids are always fully engaged and have a lot of fun. Your positive approach to learning and engagement management is just the right environment for second language learning. I appreciate the handouts that let my son continue learning at home. Gracias, Señora Marti! Julia P. , Elementary and English as a Second Language Teacher, Madison.
- Marti makes learning Spanish fun! My daughters loved the classes and started to incorporate Spanish into their daily lives. I would highly recommend her classes to anyone interested in teaching their children Spanish as a second language. Tanya, Fitchburg.
- That was more fun than Christmas! Sam, age 4, Fitchburg.
- I’d just like to take the time and tell you I’m very impressed on how much our daughter has learned in class. Its really amazing that once a week for a few months she’s picked as much as she has! And it’s a fun spin that she’s teaching us some Spanish! Thanks! …. Tiffany, Madison.
- Tonight, we were playing a Sight Word Bingo game and the word that came up was “red”. She looked at her bingo board and said “No tengo rojo” because she didn’t have the word on her board. It was just spontaneous and perfect. And she had to explain to her daddy what she said. It was pretty cool, especially in her own mind and she asked if I would tell you. Susan, Madison/
- My daughter truly enjoyed learning Spanish with Señora Marti. She still practices her new vocabulary even though we are no longer in classes. Señora Marti is a very engaging teacher and does a great job getting the students to participate! Tina, Verona.
- “Our son started class partway through the school year, but after a few weeks he was already teaching us all his colors and numbers in Spanish. He now knows weather, opposites, animals, clothing and more. Whatever Ms. Marti is doing, she’s doing it right. Our only disappointment is that the class isn’t year-round!” Matt and Maddie W., Waunakee.
- “It is fun! We play all sorts of games and you really learn Spanish in a fun way.”
Anna, Grade 4, Verona.
- Our son is having a blast in Spanish. I cannot believe how much he already knows. Kudos to you!!! He is very proud to know tell me what he knows. Thanks so much for everything. Adrienne, Madison.
- You are awesome!! Our daughter is really loving Spanish. True story – I pick her up from school in the lobby at school. Sometimes when Tessa meets me in the lobby after school – she greets me by saying something in Spanish and I answer her in Spanish, we then go back and forth few times. Well, one day last week another mom overheard us and asked if she was in the dual immersion program or do we speak multiple languages at home. Cool! Kari, Verona.