Frequently Asked Questions
- What are these classes like? Engaging and fun! We start each class with a bilingual greeting song, and practice greetings. Then vocabulary of the day is introduced with pictures and sign language. Then the real fun begins as we play with those words through songs, games and activities. Maestra Marti’s style is playful and light-hearted.
- Can I enroll my child in the first session and see how it goes before enrolling in the 2nd semester? Yes, you can register for just the first session. Priority registration in 2nd semester is given to those enrolled in 1st semester, before opening 2nd semester up to new students.
- How long are the classes? Depending on the location, preschool Spanish classes are 35-45 minutes long, and elementary ages classes are 45-60 minutes long.
- How do I register? Go to the Calendar/Register page, click on the class you want, and you will be taken to a registration form to complete.
- What forms of payment do you take? Payment by check is preferred (to save credit card fees), but all major credit cards are accepted.
- Are the sessions different or will the same information be repeated? In each session there will be continued practice on basics such as greetings, colors, and numbers, but each of session focuses on different vocabulary themes, so kids can continue to grow their Spanish vocabulary. The preschool curriculum spans 2 years, and the elementary curriculum spans 4 years, so students can continue to improve their Spanish abilities throughout the years.
- How many students are in each class? Usually the minimum number of students is 5, and the maximum is 10 in each class to ensure each child has good opportunity to participate and get attention from the teacher. Camps have a limit of 16 students per camp with 2-3 teachers.
- When is registration open? Registration for summer opens in the Spring – usually February or early March. Fall registration opens mid-May. Students can join mid-session for a pro-rated fee. Sign up for our Mailing List to be alerted when Registration opens.
Cancellation Policy: Withdrawing from class before the semester begins is permitted up to 14 days prior to the start of class by notifying us at email@example.com or canceling your online registration at growintospanish.com, and will result in a $25 cancellation fee for the family. Withdrawing from a camp is permitted up to 14 days prior to camp and will result in a $50 fee per child. After the start of class/camp, tuition is non-refundable. Children’s absences will not be refunded. We follow the Verona Area School District schedule. If the district cancels school, such as for a snow emergency, there will be no Spanish class, and fees will not be refunded for that class. If our instructor is unable to teach, a substitute may be provided. If no substitute is available and we must cancel class, there will be one emergency day permitted the instructor during each semester for which payment will not be refunded. If we must cancel class beyond the emergency days provided, that class will be rescheduled or payment for that class will be refunded, at the sole discretion of Grow into Spanish LLC.
- Why do I have to pay the credit card fee? Since going to online registration, the credit card fees have really added up. The credit card fee is 2.9% +0.30 per transaction. We could have either raised rates for everyone, or passed the cost on to those who use it. We separated out the cost so people are aware of it, and can decide if they want to use a credit card and therefore absorb that cost themselves, or pay by check for which there is no additional fee (to pay by check use coupon code “paybycheck” which will zero out your balance and then we’ll send you a QuickBooks invoice.) Sorry for any inconvenience.
- What is your mailing address? For privacy reasons, please email us for this information.
- Do you do private lessons? I do offer a select few private lessons, but my schedule is pretty full, so I have very limited availability.