Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you offering classes during the pandemic? I am not offering classes at this time. I am taking a hiatus from teaching, but I am happy to recommend a very talented colleague who is doing some virtual classes.
- What do classes cost? Virtual lessons are $15/student/45-minute class (minimum 3 students, max 6)
- Do you offer private lessons? Yes, one-on-one private lessons are available. Contact us for pricing.
- Which applications do you use in virtual lessons? I use Zoom with the waiting room and password functions enabled. Students are only permitted to join after the teacher is online. I also use Google Classroom, Google Drive, Kahoot, Quizlet, and Boom Cards. More apps may be added.
- What are these classes like? Engaging and fun! We start each class with a bilingual greeting song, and practice greetings. Then vocabulary of the day is introduced with pictures and sign language. Then the real fun begins as we play with those words through songs, games and activities. Maestra Marti’s style is playful and light-hearted.
- How long are the classes? Depending on the age, I recommend preschoolers Spanish classes be about 30 minutes long, and elementary ages classes 45-60 minutes long.
- How do I register? Contact us
- What forms of payment do you take? Payment by Venmo, PayPal or check is preferred.
- What is your mailing address? For privacy reasons, please contact us for this information.
- Are the sessions different or will the same information be repeated? In each session there will be continued practice on basics such as greetings, colors, and numbers. I use the Comprehensible Input teaching method, which involves the kids growing their Spanish vocabulary through stories and other communications that keep pushing them just beyond their current understanding. The preschool curriculum and the elementary curriculum are designed to provide variety and progression, so students can continue to improve their Spanish abilities throughout the years.
- How many students are in each class? For virtual classes, the minimum number is 3 and the maximum is 6 in each class to ensure each child has good opportunity to participate and get attention from the teacher.
- Cancellation Policy: Withdrawing from class before the semester begins is permitted up to 14 days prior to the start of class by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org or canceling your online registration at growintospanish.com, and will result in a $25 cancellation fee for the family. Withdrawing from a camp is permitted up to 14 days prior to camp and will result in a $50 fee per child. After the start of class/camp, tuition is non-refundable. Children’s absences will not be refunded. We follow the Verona Area School District schedule. If the district cancels school, such as for a snow emergency, there will be no Spanish class, and fees will not be refunded for that class. If our instructor is unable to teach, a substitute may be provided. If no substitute is available and we must cancel class, there will be one emergency day permitted the instructor during each semester for which payment will not be refunded. If we must cancel class beyond the emergency days provided, that class will be rescheduled or payment for that class will be refunded, at the sole discretion of Grow into Spanish LLC.
Other questions? Contact us via email at email@example.com or call (608) 279-4491.